Nespresso Prodigio pros and cons
Nespresso Prodigio: A Review of Its Strengths and Weaknesses
Responsibilities, relationships and recreation consume our waking hours forcing us to look for ways to make our days as hassle free and time efficient as possible. The Prodigio, the world’s first app-enabled Nespresso machine, promises to do just that, but does it deliver? This article clearly outlines the Nespresso Prodigio’s pros and cons, as well as its primary features, and then concludes with a frank evaluation. At which point, you will be able to answer that question for yourself.
Prodigio extraordinary in More Ways than One
An Honest Look at Nespresso Prodigio’s Pros and Cons
The Prodigio has many outstanding features, but like every machine it also has distinct advantages and disadvantages which are important to consider before purchasing.
The Prodigio’s pros are as follows
- Simple to Use – Whether you are scheduling a brew from your smartphone or beginning a brew manually, there is nothing complicated about the Prodigio. Even its day-to-day maintenance and yearly cleaning are straightforward, and if you would encounter a complication, Nespresso offers a variety of assistance videos on their website which will walk you through it.
- Great Flavor – Nespresso’s Prodigio uses Grand Cru coffee capsules to provide high-quality espressos. The coffee capsules contain carefully selected beans from around the world and provide you with flavors that will rise to any occasion and satisfy any craving. You will be choosing from 5 intense blends which include strong Arabica and Robusta beans, 4 espresso blends loved for their balanced flavor and complex notes, 4 single-origin coffees each carrying the distinct flavor of their homeland, 4 Italian lungo options which range from intense to light and sweet, 4 decaffeinated blends which manage to decrease caffeine without sacrificing flavor and lastly, 3 variations that interlace best-selling coffee blends with the flavor and aroma of caramel, vanilla and chocolate.
- Satisfactory Warranty – Nespresso guarantees the Prodigio for 1 year after the date of purchase. If your machine should require a repair during that time, Nespresso takes it upon themselves to pick up the machine at an address of your choosing, leave you with a loaner machine to use and then deliver the repaired machine in a timely manner.
Now let’s look at the Nespresso Prodigio cons
- Limited Selection of Capsules– Only Grand Cru coffee capsules fit the Prodigio, which leaves using Nespresso’s VertuoLine capsules and capsules made by rival companies completely out of the question.
- Installing the App – Downloading and installing the Nespresso app, as well as pairing the Prodigio with your device, should theoretically be a simple process. Numerous users, though, have found that it sometimes requires multiple attempts and an extra dose of patience to complete the process successfully.
- Price – Nespresso’s Prodigio seems expensive at first glance and you are required to pay extra if you want an integrated Aeroccino milk frother. Considering, though, that the Prodigio premieres Bluetooth connectivity and consistently delivers great espressos at roughly a third of the price that you would pay at a cafe, I would suggest that the machine is well worth the investment.
In conclusion, Nespresso’s Prodigio offers many useful features and its strengths balance nicely with its weaknesses. Overall the Prodigio is a good option for those who thrive on connectivity and are seeking to save time and hassle.